A clear understanding of its objectives as a Catholic Marist school
• A school which offers families an approach to education which draws faith, culture and life into harmony, which provide a particularly favourable setting for Christian education, gives priority to a pastoral care that is adapted to the needs of young people, which gives particular attention to pupils who are in difficulty and which encourages dialogue between persons of different cultures and different beliefs.
• A school which teaches in the Marist style of Presence, Simplicity, Family Spirit, Love of Work, In the Way of Mary, and which places strong emphasis on a sense of self-worth and self-esteem.
• A school which provides a broad curriculum which cultivates cultural and aesthetic elements, as well as the intellectual and physical, but which does not define the success of one individual in terms of superiority over others.
• A school where our leaders develop an organisational approach which reflects our values by encouraging a spirit of partnership and shared responsibility, while, at the same time, allowing for the responsible autonomy of each person involved in the educative process.
• A school which encourages, supports and actively promotes the ongoing personal, Christian and professional formation of all staff.
• A school which welcomes and involves parents as partners and assists them in their primary task of handing on the faith and of educating their children.
• A school which responds to the expectations and needs of today's young people.
• A school which fosters a family spirit that manifests itself in close co-operation between the Brothers, teachers, parents and students.
A broad curriculum that encourages all students to aim for third level
• This is particularly important given the wide social mix of students attending the College and given our commitment to the significant number of students from disadvantaged backgrounds who attend the College.
• The details of this curriculum are outlined under "Academics" on this site.
• The school is part of the Trinity Access Programme which is of particular assistance in encouraging and enabling students from more disadvantaged backgrounds to gain access to third level. The details of the programme are outlined elsewhere on this site.
An experienced and talented teaching staff
|Ms. Oonagh McCaul||(Principal). Buisness, Economics, French|
|Mr. Pat Glover||(Deputy Principal). History. ICT|
|Mr. Robert Cronin||Irish, Spanish|
|Dr. Eamonn McCabe||Science, Biology, Geography, Maths, PE|
|Ms. Carole Durkan||Irish, EAL, CSPE|
|Mr. Paul Harding||English, History, Religion, CSPE|
|Ms. Aisling Reilly||Special Education Co-Ordinator, SPHE|
|Ms. Norah Martyn||Business, Economics, Accounting, Maths|
|Mr. Chris Halligan||Science, Biology, Chemistry, ICT|
|Ms. Mildred Gill||Irish, Music|
|Ms. Tara Fahy||Art, English, CSPE, SPHE|
|Mr. John McEvoy||Geography, History, PE, ICT|
|Ms. Caoimhe Mc Guinness||Business, Accounting, Maths|
|Ms. Grainne McCarthy||Home School Liaison Officer|
|Ms. Laura Birmingham||Art, SPHE|
|Mr Carl Brien||Buisness, Maths, CSPE, PE, SPHE|
|Ms. Deirdre Tobin||Spanish, English, EAL, Sp. Ed.|
|Ms. Geraldine Conlon||Science, Biology, Maths|
|Mr. Kevin Meany||(Career Guidance Counsellor). Business, LCVP, Religion, PE|
|Ms. Lorraine Lee||Music, History, Religion, English|
|Ms. Chloe McKenna||Spanish, Geography, EAL, Sp. Ed.|
|Mr. Keith Burke||Science, Physics, Maths|
|Ms. Sarah Murphy||Geog, Irish, Eng, EAL, SP. Ed.|
|Ms. Arlene Murphy||Spanish, Maths, CFES Co-Ordinator|
|Ms. Mithch Lindsay||Geography, English, PE, EAL|
|Mr. Tim Byrnes||PE, Irish, Religion, SPHE|
|Ms. Alison Bird||Science, Biology, Maths, French|
|Mr. Barry Drumm||Business, Math, CSPE|
|Mr. John O'Reilly||Spanish, Geography, PE, SP.Ed, Religion|
|Ms Maria Kenny||English, Religion, EAL|
|Ms. Karen Staunton||English, French, SP.Ed.|
|Mr. Sean McGinty||Maths, Sp. Ed, PE|
|Ms. Carla McDowell||English, Music, Religion|
|Mr. Ian Hogan||History, English, EAL|
|Ms. Laura Killen||History, Geog, Religion, Sp.Ed|
|Ms. Kym Doyle||English, History, Religion.|
|Mr. Brian Cantwell||PME,Irish, French, Special Ed|
|Mr. Wesley Forsythe||PME,English, CSPE|
|Mr. Eoin Kelly||PME,History, English, EAL|
|Mr. Alan Mc Partland||PME,English, Geography, CPSE|
|Ms. Aine Rowland||PME,History, English Drama|
|Ms. Marguerite James||Secretary|
|Ms. Sue Devine||Secretary|
|Mr. James Foley||Caretaker|
|Ms. Pauline Nolan||Assistant Caretaker|
|Ms. Gwen Bolger||Swimming Pool Manager|